With this year’s eTail West conference just around the corner, we’re looking forward to connecting with both current and future sizing partners in sunny Palm Springs over an action-packed three days of presentations, panels, and possibilities.
Centring around omnichannel and online growth strategies, the first full day of the conference has something for everyone in online retail, but we’re naturally focused on areas that affect apparel in particular. With that in mind, here’s a quick breakdown of standout sessions that should interest anyone involved in the business of selling clothes or shoes online. Hope to catch up with you along the way at the event itself!
Day One: Pre-Lunch Possibilities Aplenty
The morning sessions on day one are a single-track affair, so there’s a bit of time to ease into the conference in general before the real decisions rear their head. Two particular pre-lunch possibilities caught our eye:
- 8.25 a.m. | Keynote Fire Side Chat With Walmart: While 8.25 a.m. is a somewhat dubious “fireside” time, the chance to hear directly from America’s largest traditional retailer is pretty much unmissable. Matt Baer will be leaning on his considerable experience driving success at Walmart, Hayneedle, and Jet to get us off to the best possible start.
- 9.30 a.m. | C-Level Keynote Panel Discussion: The first panel out of the gate looks set to tee up wider discussions at the conference nicely with a deep dive on the organizational and cultural challenges presented by Omnichannel. Some genuinely big beasts from the world of online apparel are centre stage in this one – the takes from Blair Dunn (Old Navy) and Yona Shtern (Sears Canada) promise to be enlightening.
Day One: Pick Your Battles Across Post-Lunch Tracks
Post-lunch, we’re into a firmly multi-track environment, so you’ll need to map your schedule out in advance to get the most bang for buck from your attendance. Three sessions in particular look fascinating from a general online apparel perspective:
- 1.35 p.m. | Using Data For Dynamic Personalization And Recommendations To Drive Purchases: We know a thing or two about how data personalization translates directly to bottom-line results, and unlocking that value for partners is a huge part of our ongoing focus at Fit Analytics. Gaining insight into how Jason Gowans is tackling the same set of concerns at Nordstrom promises to be highly rewarding.
- 2.30 p.m. | Here’s What E-commerce Will Look Like In The Future: Early afternoon gives us a chance to peer into the crystal ball with a panel discussion on the future of e-commerce. From an apparel and shoes perspective, it’ll be particularly interesting to hear what Stephanie Messiter of Revolve brings to the discussion.
- 5.10 p.m. | Form Versus Function – Building An Effective And Exciting Online Experience: Conversion optimization is a subject dear to our hearts, and this late-afternoon panel discussion stacked with top-tier representatives from across the online apparel industry looks set to be particularly rewarding for anyone trying to crack that conundrum. Carrie Thovson (ModCloth), Liz Greenberg (Moret Group), and Sam Norpel (David’s Bridal) will be debating form versus function and sharing lessons learned.
Here’s to a Great First Day at eTail West 2017!
Day one of eTail West looks set to be jam-packed with insight, innovation and opportunity. We hope to see you at some of the sessions highlighted above or over the following days. If you’d like to discuss how solving sizing can help boost apparel conversions and your bottom line, feel free to get in touch! For news and analysis of the best conferences for apparel insiders delivered straight to your inbox, be sure to sign up to our newsletter.
Image credits: tpsdave
To learn more about how we can help you and support your specific needs - Contact us.