On day two of eTail West, the focus shifts firmly to the future with an overarching theme of how retailers can survive and thrive against a backdrop of ongoing digital revolution. It’s a set of topics sure to resonate with apparel firms in particular as they face into the serious challenges posed by both the looming threat of Amazon and potentially disruptive new entrants into their markets.
As with day one, it’s a single-track start to the day before things are split out simultaneously post-lunch, so let’s start our picks with the most attractive offerings on the morning of March 1st.
Day Two: Morning Moments Not to Miss
Day two opens with a strong set of keynotes and panels throughout the morning, but two in particular stand out from the point of view of mapping out online apparel’s future:
- 8.15 a.m. | Keynote: Disrupting The Fashion Industry Through Technology: As a tech company dedicated to optimizing online performance across the fashion industry, this one caught our attention straight out of the gate. TechStyle’s commitment to leveraging the power of data resonates strongly with our own, and it’ll be interesting to hear insights from CMO Traci Inglis in this kickoff keynote.
- 12 p.m | Keynote: 5 Key Marketing Trends for 2017: With machine learning at the core of our sizing solution, we’ve long been admirers of the groundbreaking work coming out of IBM Watson. This keynote from Jodi Wearn promises a huge-amount of distinctly data-driven insight into how companies can leverage deep learning across their marketing. From our own work helping brands and retailers unlock marketing insights hidden inside their customer data, we’re confident this one will be an eye-opener for many firms.
Day Two: An Afternoon of Case Studies and Conversion Insights
Once again, post-lunch sees conference content split out across six engaging tracks with the only real problem being where best to focus your efforts. Three particular areas caught our interest from the general e-commerce apparel perspective:
- 2.15 p.m. | Beyond Marketing Research vs. User Research – A Call For A Holistic Person-Understanding In Business: After both revolutionizing online customer expectations and being acquired by Amazon, everyone in e-commerce knows that when Zappos talk it’s time to listen. Alex Genov’s presentation on avoiding corporate silos while building a holistic understanding of customers looks like being a particularly timely one for those at the sharp end of online fashion.
- All afternoon | Exhibit Hall Retailer Meet-Ups – Using Fewer Clicks To Get A Speedier Sale: The chance to pick the brains of leading retailers in person is one of the many huge plus points of any eTail conference, and this year’s Florida event is no exception. Kevin Sakamoto of lululemon athletica is on-hand all afternoon in the Social Lounge to dispense words of wisdom on removing friction from your funnel.
- 3.05 p.m. | Case Study Revolution – Translating Customer Insights Into Marketing Strategies: As we work ever closer with our sizing partners over time, it’s becoming increasingly clear just how much potential value is on offer when firms commit to feeding real-world customer data back into their wider marketing efforts. This mid-afternoon case study presentation from Cynthia Kleinbaum of Bonobos is a rare opportunity to get the inside scoop on how a leading online retailer joins the dots behind the scenes.
Wrapping Up With a Spotlight on Success
In amongst the excellent presentations highlighted above, day two also presents plenty of opportunity for networking and reflecting on various jobs well done over the course of the last twelve months. The late-afternoon Women In eTail Networking Event And Leadership Panel looks set to attract significant interest with a stellar panel including Nizzi Renaud of Zazzle. The closing eTail Gala Awards Reception, meanwhile, is sure to introduce a new crop of worthy contenders to stand alongside previous winners such as our own sizing partner The North Face.
If you’re in town for eTail West and would like to schedule a few minutes to chat about any of the topics above, or discuss how solving sizing could help your company turbo-charge revenue in 2017 and beyond, just get in touch and we’ll make it happen!