At an event of this size, however, apparel insiders need to pick their battles carefully in order to take maximum advantage of everything that’s on offer over an action-packed few days.
With that in mind, we’ve put together a quick three-point plan that’ll help you make the most of your time at this year’s event. Let’s start with a little assistance for when you’re on the move.
1. Take Advantage of the Shop.org App
As with previous years, the NRF has created a dedicated mobile app to help you navigate the Expo floor and map out your schedule with confidence. Android and iPhone users are equally well catered for, so be sure to download before you arrive in town to start networking and planning your overall approach in advance.
2. Prep With Shop.org Podcasts
The NRF have scaled up this year’s Podcast Studio considerably and there’s no better way of ramping up for the event than checking out some of the excellent shows on offer while traveling. Here’s a quick selection to get you started.
- Glossy: Along with being one of the fashion industry’s go-to news sources, the team at Glossy have put together an excellent podcast with a particular focus on interview-led insight. Check out recent shows on the DTC brand playbook and plus-size fashion for more of a flavor.
- Total Retail Talks: If you’re looking for an executive overview, then this is the place to start. Recent shows on Neiman Marcus’ use of tech and Wolverine’s personalization efforts are a good example of what’s on offer.
3. Map Out Your Schedule of Talks
Shop.org covers much more than apparel and footwear so it’s important to carefully review the agenda to pick out the most relevant talks on offer. Here are three quick picks to help start your scheduling:
- Two Perspectives on AI in Commerce: Thursday’s early talk on using machine learning to deliver better customer experiences is a great way of kicking off the day with a subject that’s close to our hearts.
- Practical Uses of AI in Retail: Friday’s presentation from Brian Gill of Nordstrom promises exclusive insight into how leading American apparel retailers are tackling the challenge of next-generation digital.
- Winning Key Audiences Like Serena Wins Championships: Friday’s closing session is a two-parter designed to round out the conference in style. An initial session on Millennials, Gen Z and the future of mobile marketing is followed by an in-depth interview with the one and only Serena Williams.
Don’t Forget to Connect!
Effective networking is at the core of a successful conference and this year’s Shop.org provides plenty of opportunities to press the flesh and meet your peers. Be sure to also sign up for the NRF’s Matchmaking and Meetup program to maximize your chances of meeting the right vendors.
If you’re attending this year’s conference and are interested in discovering more about how solving sizing could make a huge difference to your bottom line heading into 2019 and beyond, be sure to visit us at booth #731.
If you can’t make it to this year’s event but would still like to find out more about how our sizing platform can help boost conversions and slash returns, then let’s start the conversation today!
To learn more about how we can help you and support your specific needs - Contact us.